We know that students who attend schools with a positive school climate are more able to thrive socially, emotionally, and academically. This takes ongoing work and commitment to supporting students and teachers in creating and maintaining positive relationships. How do we help our students when conflict arises? How do we create safer schools in which they can learn and thrive? When we are at our best, conflict can present an opportunity for positive growth and change.
This one-day conference, designed for teachers, administrators, pre-service teachers and parents, provides a dynamic opportunity to develop our practice as teachers and school leaders. By providing a balance of research from experts in the field as well as workshops led by experienced teachers, participants will leave empowered to create the kind of classroom and school climate that fosters equity, authentic student-teacher connections, restorative justice practices and mindfulness. Ultimately, we create conditions for our students to thrive at school and in their community.
Keynote Speaker: Dr. Renee Prillaman
- Empowering Student Voice
- Race Equity
- Anti-bias Curriculum
- Restorative Justice/Restorative Practices
- Conflict Resolution
- Social Emotional Learning
- Discipline to Support Growth and Understanding
- Service Learning
- Supporting Pre-service Teachers
*Stay tuned for workshop descriptions and presenter bios
- Early Bird Registration: $80 (ends September 15)
- Full Price Registration: $99
- Title One Schools: $45
- Student Registration: $30
- Group Discount: Send five participants for the price of four
Registration includes morning coffee/tea, lunch, and afternoon snack. Free parking is available on-site. Conference begins at 8:30 and ends at 5:00.
We are committed to making this conference available and accessible to all. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a request for scholarship funding.
Call to Presenters
There are two opportunities for contributing your VOICE to the School to Peace Pipeline. Our target audience includes K-12 classroom teachers, school administrators, support staff, pre-service teachers and parents.
- Breakout Sessions: Date for submitting proposals has passed.
- Celebrating Success: Approximately 25 minutes followed by Q and A. These sessions are less formal opportunities to share with colleagues from other schools an innovative project or activity related to peace education that has been effective. Bring a team and share your story! Selected proposals will receive a $100 honorarium to use towards your project. Celebrating Success proposals are due September 15.