There are four Peaceful Schools initiatives in the Southeast.
- Carolina Friends School Durham, NC
- A K-12 independent school, Carolina Friends School is the proud host of Peaceful Schools NC. A Quaker school with peace education at the heart of its mission, CFS teaches its students that it is possible to change the world.
- Central Park School for Children Durham, NC
- Central Park School for Children, a K-8 charter school, is in it’s ninth year as a Peaceful School. It now supports teachers and schools new to the model. The mission and vision of Peaceful Schools is clear in their commitment to taking bold action when needed within their school or in the wider community of Durham.
- Carter Community Charter School Durham, NC
- In it’s second year as a Peaceful School, Carter Community Charter School (Title I, K-8) has seen incredible results. Student learning and engagement is up while discipline issues have dropped significantly. They are working hard and rockin’ it!
- Susie King Taylor Community School Savannah, GA
- Our newest Peaceful School, SKTC is the first to begin as a Peaceful School on day one. A brand new charter school, Peaceful Schools is at the core of it’s approach to being an exemplary teaching and learning program. It is set to open it’s doors this Fall.
Additional Partners of Peaceful Schools NC
- North Carolina Psychoanalytic Foundation
- Peaceful Schools began under the vision and stewardship of the NCPF. They continue to be one of our greatest resources and supporters. Read more of our history here.
- Duke University Program in Education
- Duke’s Program in Education has been a proud host of our biennial conference, The School to Peace Pipeline. We’re thrilled to return to Gross Hall on October 28. See you there!